We’ve waited all summer long for this. The kickoff to the 2014/2015 ski and snowboard season is upon us. While a few ski areas around Michigan have been open for a week now, the weather has been in nearly everyone’s favor to make the push and open well before the targeted Thanksgiving holiday.
Cold temps have made for some outstanding snowmaking conditions, while some areas of the NW Lower and even SW Lower have gotten blown in with 20″+. Areas in the U.P. around Marquette and further west have received upwards of 40″. Here’s to hoping this sets the tone for an amazing season!
POW piles up at Caberfae Peaks.
Here’s the rundown of who’s planning on opening when – in no particular order. We’ll try to keep this as up-to-date as possible.
- Boyne Mountain – Opening up Friday Nov. 21st, 9am-4:30pm and open DAILY moving forward with 10 runs.
- Boyne Highlands – snuck in an opener (FREE) last Sunday and will be open 9am-4:30pm – shutting things down for Monday/Tuesday then cranking back up for the season on Wednesday with 13 trails and 125 skiable acres opened up.
- Caberfae Peaks – Opening up on Saturday Nov. 22nd, 10am-5pm and the same for Sunday Nov. 23rd. The majority of North Peak will be open and *cough* the Backcountry as well. Get the goods!
- Cannonsburg – Opening up on Saturday Nov. 22nd, 10am-8pm, and the same for Sunday Nov. 23rd. Shutting things down mid-week to open back up on Thanksgiving pending weather.
- Crystal Mountain – Opening up on Friday Nov. 21st, 12pm-4:30pm with FREE lifties for Cheers lift and Totem Park. Crystal rolls out 12 runs on Saturday Nov. 22nd and Sunday Nov. 23rd operating from 9am-4:30pm.
- Treetops – Opening up on Saturday Nov. 22nd & 23rd, 10am-6pm with 9 runs available. The AirBag setup will be rolling from 12pm-2pm on Saturday.
- Shanty Creek – Opening up Friday Nov. 28th, 9am-4:30pm and plan to operate throughout the weekend. Lot’s of changes to take in at SCR this year!
- Nub’s Nob – Opening up Saturday Nov. 22nd, 9am-4:30pm and the same for Sunday. Boasting 60″+ base and 31 runs!
- Mount Bohemia – Opening up Friday Nov. 28th for the season. They got slammed and are pulling the cord – time to open!
- Mt. Brighton – Opened up last week and will continue to be open 10am-10pm.
- Mt. Holly – Opened up early and will continue to be open at 10am-11pm
- Bittersweet – Opened up Thursday Nov. 20th and will be open again on Nov. 21st 10am-10:30pm throughout the weekend.
- Alpine Valley – Opened up last week and will continue to run 10am-11pm.
Check out the first webcast from the crew at Nub’s!